Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trip to Texas

Man I have had some great meals lately! A few weeks back I made a trip to the Dallas / Fort Worth for work and it just so happens my buddy Doug F. lives there. He hooked me up every night with a great local place to eat.

Here are a couple highlights:

In N Out Burger was on the list. We have friends that swear by it and make it a point to eat there when they are in CA. Well a couple have now opened in the great state of TX so I had to try one. I wasn't brave enough to try 'The Animal' but the Double Double I had was good! The 'spread' was right on and is reason this has been their sauce since 1948. Finished off with fries and and a good ol Dr. Pepper and I was set.

Next Doug had me try Rudy's BBQ in Frisco. When you are in TX you gotta eat brisket and Rudy's is a great place to pick some up. I tried the brisket (lean) and smoked turkey breast. I could have eaten the whole pound myself. The brisket was just right but the turkey..... that was money!!! Finished off my meal with a banana pudding and I was set for the night.

Last place we went was Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Denton. I had the brisket tacos and could have eaten like 4 more. The seasoning was perfect and the chips are served with warm salsa. If you haven't had warm salsa, you gotta try it. Pappasito's is the only other place I've had it like this, in case you are near one.

This t shirt says it all. What can I say, I like being at the top of the food chain.

So put these places on the list for your next trip to the Lone Star state and your belly and taste buds will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I get some brisket deliciousness this summer in TX.

    And I wish I had a job where I had to "travel for meetings" that ended up in yummy food with my BFF's.

    ReplyDelete